Murrumba State Secondary College is well on the way to cementing its reputation as the first choice education provider for families in the Murrumba Downs community. We are creating a college where every young learner develops a sense of belonging and is inspired to shape their preferred future.
The college motto learning for life provides a focused mantra that is so much more than words on an emblem. It conveys the meaning of why we are here and that for which we strive. It will be woven into the very fabric of our culture.
We will achieve our vision because,
- we have a strong foundation of values that are touchstones for everything we do
- we have an unrelenting focus on quality outcomes for students and
- we deliver a world-class education
Our college values are the beacon that guide our students and instil the essence of what makes us unique. Every teacher, every student and every visitor to Murrumba State Secondary College will be expected to embrace these values and be proud to champion them.
Respect - Pride - Resilience - Community- Quality Learning
These values form the very heart of our new school, and we will be recognised amongst the greater community for:
- Respect - showing respect for self, for the dignity of others, our school, our world
- Pride - celebrating excellence and sharing our successes
- Resilience - picking ourselves up in the face of adversity, refocusing and never giving in
- Community - forming strong networks as active citizens in a global community
- Quality Learning - our passion for learning and desire to grow