The Queensland Department of Education trading as:
Education Queensland International (EQI) CRICOS Registration Number 00608A.
Murrumba State Secondary College is located in the stunning Moreton Bay region, less than 40 minutes from the centre of Brisbane to the south and Moreton Bay to the east. Located in sunny South-East Queensland, we get the best of a subtropical climate, with nearly 3000 hours of sunshine per year. Beautiful Moreton Bay is accessible from nearby Redcliffe or the city, home to dolphins, dugongs, turtles and in winter, migrating humpback whales pass through the area on their 1000km migration to warmer waters. Travel inland and within 15 minutes, you are in the stunning mountainous hinterland, with views across the Glasshouse Mountains and Sunshine Coast.
Murrumba State Secondary College features first class learning facilities and state of the art technology across the campus. Murrumba SSC opened its doors in January 2012 as the first secondary site in Queensland, to introduce a junior secondary model under the flying start initiative. Our innovative curriculum includes excellence programs in Engineering and Robotics, High Performance Music, Football Academy and Spanish Immersion.
At Murrumba SSC, we have a clear and un-relenting focus on:
- Striving for personal excellence in academic, sporting and cultural pursuits.
- Building a strong and supportive school culture with our college values as foundation.
- Nurturing strong and productive partnerships with parents and the wider community.
The College vision Learning for Life provides a focused mantra that is much more than words on an emblem. It conveys the meaning of why we are here and what we strive for. It is woven into the very fabric of our culture. We achieve our vision because:
- We have a strong foundation of values that are touchstones for everything we do
- We have an unrelenting focus on quality outcomes for students
- We deliver a world-class education.
Our College values are the beacon that guide our students in their thoughts and actions and instil the essence of that which makes us unique. These values form the very heart of our College life, and we are recognised within the wider community for:
- Respect - showing respect for self, for the dignity of others, our school, our world.
- Pride - celebrating excellence and sharing our successes.
- Resilience - picking ourselves up in the face of adversity, refocusing and never giving in.
- Community - forming strong networks as active citizens in a global community.
- Quality Learning - our passion for learning and desire to grow.
Since opening in 2012, we have been welcoming students from across Asia and Europe as part of the Study Tours Program. We are excited to start a new journey, hosting International Students for longer stays through DETEi’s International Schools Program from Semester 2, 2018.